Saturday, January 14, 2012

The Friday (saturday) Five # 6

I know it's Saturday (night!), but I am going to do a Friday Five post anyway. As you can see by how quiet it has been around here this week, I am back in school. I have taken pictures and thought about stuff to blog, but I am still getting adjusted to my schedule. Hopefully I will be able to work it out and get back to daily or every other day blogging quickly!


1. What I'm Reading:

Still working on Carson McCullers The Heart is a Lonely Hunter. So far it is a little weird and, uhm, not that engaging. But mostly what I've been reading are these:


So far I have read at least one chapter in each of those except Mass Media and Society, and I have read two chapters in Small Group, Mediation Theory, and Management. At least it is interesting and they all tie in together in various ways.

2. What I'm Listening To:

This exact second? Chris making a helluva ruckus in the garage. I think he is working on changing out a clutch, but good grief! I think every power tool we own in in operation out there. Very distracting.

Also, I downloaded the Pandora App for my phone and listened to my Justin Timberlake station on my wog yesterday (4.61 miles in 1:11:46 tyvm!). It was okay. The music wasn't quick enough. I may try the Lady Gaga station that everyone raves about.

3. What I'm Watching:

The best thing I watched this week was Wag the Dog with Robert DeNiro, Dustin Hoffman, Anne Heche, William H. Macy, Denis Leary, Willie Nelson, Woody Harrleson, and Kirsten Dunst. It was for my Media Across Cultures class and it was SO good! I laughed so much. It is a story about the President of the United states sleeping with a teenager and it comes out in the press 11 days before his re-election. DeNiro, Heche and Hoffman are the key players in "distracting" the media from this story. It is a hilarious, and sadly probably very accurate, depiction of how the media is very manipulateable. I'm not sure if that's a word, but I like it. I highly recommend seeing it!

4. What I'm Eating:

SO DELICIOUS Dairy Free Coconut CHOCOLATE milk. 100 Calories per 1 cup serving. Tasty. Thick. Chocolatey. Today I poured myself a serving, adding some coffee and a splash of creme de menthe. Tasty afternoon warm me up treat that was both chocolate craving satisfying and warm satisfying and isn't going to ruin the diet satisfying. WIN-WIN-WIN! I have also tried their plain coconut refrigerator milk and I like that, too. Thicker than 2% but without the nasty flavor of cow milk.


5. What I'm Pinning  Thinking:


THESE THINGS ARE AWESOME!!

Sack Savers on Etsy - snack size

Bloomingdeals on Etsy- bigger than sandwich, sandwich and snack size.

Inside snack size

Thanks to Cassie over at Back To Her Roots, I went to Etsy and found these reusable snack and sandwich bags. I really hate using the plastic bags because I go through 2 or 3 (or more) a day! I make Chris' lunch almost every day and his lunch box isn't big enough for plastic reusable tupperware-style containers, so I am always using plastic bags. Sometimes I can re-use them, but often they have yucky mess on the inside and have to be thrown away. My lunch bag is big enough for containers, so I use those more, but these bags are a perfect option for both of us!

These are dishwasher or washing machine safe, or they can be handwashed and air dried. They have a liner on the inside that is easy to wipe clean and a full velcro closure. They hold a substantial amount of snacks, and the sandwich bags easily hold good size sandwiches. I am SO thrilled with these! 

If you are crafty you can make them yourself. Cassie has a tutorial on her site. I am not crafty, nor do I own a sewing machine, and even if I did...oh my gosh...just ask my mother about my "sewing" attempts. Yah. I will happily pay the $ for someone else to do the work.

I am actually thinking of going and seeing if they have cloth napkins, too. I use cloth napkins in our lunches already, but I would like to have a few more so we aren't using the same ones over and over.

BONUS #6. Mandatory cute kitty picture:



Okay, it's not the best picture and she looks a little deranged, but she LOVES this feather thing. In fact, she LOVES it so much she will NOT let go of it once she gets it in her mouth and she starts growling if you try to take it from her. It's cute but not, if you know what I mean. I was holding her trying to get it away from her and she was growling so Chris snapped this pic. She was none too happy about the whole thing. HA! Crazy kitty!!

Happy Saturday Night!

I know ya'll will be rooting for the Packers with me tomorrow, right??

No comments: