Friday, January 6, 2012

The Friday Five # 5


1. What I'm Reading

I just finished reading a great book: lit by Mary Karr. I wrote a short review of it over on Goodreads, but basically Mary grew up with a crazy alcoholic mother, an alcoholic father and had a crappy childhood. Her relationships throughout her young adult life were strained, and she herself turned to booze to cope. This is a memoir about her experiences offered with honesty and truth. A book that reminds those of us who may have had challenging relationships or childhoods that we are not alone. The second half of the book, the later chapters, *really* offer a lot of insight and value. I thought this was a great book.



I also just started The Heart is a Lonely Hunter by Carson McCullers. I really know nothing about this book, but my 16 year old niece has had it assigned for one of her classes and I told her I would read it, too. That way we can talk about it and maybe it helps motivate her to read a book she otherwise may not have that much interest in. I downloaded it on my Kindle for PC app and have only gotten into the first few pages. I'll let you know what I think!


2. What I'm Listening To

Well at the grocery store today I listened to my MP3 player with a mix of Gaga, Katie Perry, Miley, Ke$ha, Brittney, JLo and more. In the car I have Adele's 21 playing on repeat. And here at home I have a satellite station called Soft Hits playing pretty much all the time. They have a nice mix of non-intrusive music and NO commercials or DJ's!! Best thing ever. The Christmas music is still in the CD player, but I'm DONE with that for another year.

3. What I'm Watching


I put my Winter break to good use!! I got completely caught up on BONES! Thank goodness!! I now have my DVR set to record NEW episodes. :-) I'm such a dork. LOVE Bones.


I am sad because The Closer is over until Summer, and Summer is the final season. I also watched Rizzoli and Isles (getting better).

Grimm I have still been watching, but it isn't growing on me.

I still BIG LOVE Once Upon A Time and can't wait for it to be back on!


I am intrigued by the new show The Finder. Not sure if I will watch it, but I might set the DVR to record a few episodes and see how it is.

Of course, very soon I will be watching the SUPERBOWL!!

4. What I'm Eating

Fruits and Veggies with every meal! I went grocery shopping today to stock up on fresh and frozen fruits and veggies. Lots of healthy stuff! Nuts, grains, greens, proteins. Oh, I tried Chobani Non-Fat Plain Greek Yogurt today. Not a fan, really. Everyone claims this stuff is so amazing? I'm just not feelin' it.

5. What I'm Pinning Thinking:


I am back to school on Monday morning....bright and early!! My first class starts at 8:30 AM. YIKES!! That will be an adjustment for sure. Taking 5 classes this term, 3 of them on M/W and one on T/Th and then one weekend class that goes for two full weekends the end of January.  I will be BUSY.

Happy FRIDAY!!

What's your five??




2 comments:

Marcela said...

1. What I'm reading: everything on breastfeeding, didn't work out with the boys but I hope to this time.

2.What am I listening too? I am currently listening to and obsessing over The Civil Wars.

3.What am I watching? Yay Grey's Anatomy is back on, Prime Suspect which makes me miss Southland I cant wait for that one to be on.

4. What I am eating is: potatoes I crave them so much any kind, baked, fried, mashed...yum plus I crave orange juice and pineapples and of course my salsa can't get hot enough.

5. What I am pinning: I'm doing hairstyles I'm in the mood for a new look I always do this with each kiddo. A comment was made that I look so much better with long hair um no thanks 1. That chick left ages ago, 2. I would look like you with my hair in a ponytail every day. We will let Paloma have the long hair. Oh and I look pretty darn cute with my new do's.

Corrie Beebe said...

Awesome list Marcela! I hope the nursing works out for you this time around. :-)