Saturday, November 12, 2011

Lamb Stuffed Peppers

Back in the beginning of October (seems so long ago...) I made a stuffed pepper recipe for dinner. It was really yummy. I posted a picture of it, but no recipe. I am going to share the recipe with you now. YAY!



We had some beautiful (GORGEOUS!) peppers from our garden this year, as opposed to last year when we didn't really get much of anything from our bell peppers. I loved putting them on sandwiches, making my Portobello Mushroom and Red Pepper Quinoa Salad, and eating them on salads.

Chris asked for stuffed peppers, though, so I went in search of a yummy stuffed pepper recipe.

I went to one of my favorite sites for recipes and did a search for stuffed peppers. I found a yummy looking recipe that called for lamb, feta and seasonings. Oh YUM, hello.

This recipe can be found HERE. It is from Cooking Light.

The recipe calls for mint, but I didn't have any and the store was out, so I skipped it. I'm not a huge fan of mint anyway, so it was no big loss to me.

This was a really delicious dinner, and it made quite a bit of stuffed peppers.

The peppers were soft and slightly browned, the lamb, seasonings and feta mix was creamy and salty and savory. The peppers added a bit of sweet to the overall experience. You could use brown rice (which I did), quinoa, red rice or another similar type grain if you don't want to use couscous. I don't think I had any couscous on had. Also, I made the brown rice and just added it to the cooked meat mixture, rather than adding it in. Feel free to experiment, because that is what recipes and cooking are all about!

A lovely and flavorful dinner! Try it, and let me know what you think.
 






Do you like lamb? What is your favorite way to eat peppers?

No comments: