Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Pinterest = Dangerous!

I did not need another thing to suck time out of my life. Seriously! I am busy with school and life. I do not have time for Pinterest. But, I caved recently and joined up (you can find me under Corrie Beebe). One of the reasons was because I found some cool recipes on Pinterest. I am a sucker for good recipes.

This recipe could not be more simple and delicious and it totally falls within the 10% of my eating plan, which is why I scheduled to make it last weekend when the girls were here. One, we all love a good treat and two, there would be four of us to eat them up rather than just two of us.

I do apologize for the ridiculously bad pictures. Between me just basically being a crappy photographer and the lighting and reflective surfaces in my kitchen things just didn't work out. But you really don't need the pictures to understand the deliciousness factor.

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
Prepared Brownie Mix

oh my.

Uhm..YUM!

Put cookie dough in the bottom of muffin cups.

Top cookie dough with a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup.

Add prepared brownie mix to fill muffin cups.

If you happen to have Reese's Pieces add those, too, just for good measure.

We did one row before baking, one row after 15 minutes and left one row plain.

Add ice cream and enjoy!

Brownie peanut butter cup chocolate chip cupcakes...heavenly!

As you can see these were terrible. Riight!
Oh Pinterest...what have you done to me?! These were amazing. Jennifer and Chris thought they were better the next day. Jennifer liked hers cold. I liked mine warm and gooey. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until desired degree of doneness (gooey or less gooey).

A couple things I would do differently: one I would either use two squares of chocolate chip cookie dough or I wouldn't press the cookie dough down like I did. Honestly, the cookie dough gets completely lost and what I tasted was brownie and peanut butter cup. Another thing would be to either use my silicone muffin cups or to lightly spray the muffin pan with non-stick spray. The tops of the brownie had a tendency to come off while I was removing them from the pan. They didn't really "stick" but I think the muffin cups or a little spray would have helped that problem.

Next time I might just skip the cookie dough and do brownie/pb cup/brownie.

Do you Pinterest? Have you ever actually made or done anything you have pinned? I mostly pin funny sayings.

2 comments:

Marcela said...

I haven't tried this one but you have to do the funky spaghetti and the garlic chicken I pinned they are to dies for!
They are pinned under Yum

Corrie Beebe said...

Oh! Those look delicious!