Thursday, October 20, 2011

Mid Week Mumbles

Did you know that I am named after an author? Anyone care to guess who? No fair cheating and using google. Also no fair for my mother, brother, husband or anyone else in my family who knows this to answer. Don't be a cheater! No one likes a cheater.

I do not really care for celery most of the time. I think it tastes yucky, except for sometimes, when it is really good. I do not know the difference, if it is how or where it is grown, or what. I also really dislike how it makes my hands smell like celery for the rest of the day, even if I wash them 80 trillion times.

Yesterday was a big day: My darling sweet neice turned 16!!!!!! I am going to make another post about that later, but Happy Birthday to Shanelle! Sheesh...I can't believe she is 16 already.

I am on track for my goal this week of at least 20 minutes of exercise at least 5 days of the week. 3 days down, two of them more than 20 minutes. This is really boiling down to effectively using my time well. I know it is a 3rd grade classroom cliche, but seriously, if I do some planning and pre-prep work for meals, lunches, make coffee at night, use my crock pot once or twice a week, meal plan, etc., I can get so much done in a really short period of time. If not, I guess I am just overwhelmed and there is too much to do, so I don't do anything.

We are having another GORGEOUS fall day today. Blue sky, white, thin puffy clouds here and there. Sunshine and lots of it. Forecast for mid 70's. I am sitting in the sun right now, enjoying some lunch, between classes.

Oh, what's for lunch, you ask? Nothing spectacular:

chipotle tortilla filled with mayo, ground mustard, cheese, turkey and sprouts all rolled up. Some carrots and celery (hence the "I don't like celery" remarks above). A colby cheese stick. I also have some almonds and a Kashi Cherry Dark Chocolate granola bar in case of emergencies. And water.

Breakfast, since we are talking about it, was oatmeal with a very very ripe sliced banana and a scoop of peanut butter, with a generous shake of cinnamon.

Dinner will be: sausage/corn bread stuff acorn squash. I have never made this before. The sausage is defrosting. Tonight when I get home I will work on putting it all together. If it is good, I'll share it with you! Well, I'll share the recipe with you. I can't really share the meal with you because...well...A) I don't know who reads this and B) I can't invite all two of you over for dinner. HA!

I am going to leave you with this:



I had to explain to Chris why this was funny. So sad.


Do you know what author I am named after? Do you like celery? Do you understand the humor in the above photo??  Share in the comments!



No comments: