Monday, October 10, 2011

Working Out...after a break

This summer I was posting my workouts everyday on my personal Facebook page as a status update. Then came late summer, early fall, and I have (ahem) slacked off on my workouts. It is time to incorporate them back into my routine. I will be posting my workouts again and invite/encourage any of my friends who are interested in support/accountability to do the same, or comment on my posts (here or on Facebook).

My goal for this week is to simply DO something, anything for at least 20 minutes, 5 days of the week. If I do more, that is excellent!

Next week the goal will be to increase the amount of time to 40+ minutes.

And then the goal will be to increase the number of days to 6.

An increase in intensity will be built in over the next couple of weeks.

Don't forget: I have a half marathon to train for! June will be here sooner than I think and I already paid for my entry fee. I cannot sit around thinking that I will somehow miraculously be ready when the time comes. I know that there is a LOT of effort and training involved in running a race.

I am not an someone who is in love with exercising. I enjoy the benefits, but getting my butt off the couch to do it is NOT easy for me. I do not enjoy exercising for the sake of exercising. I also am not that great at setting up a weekly plan of workouts. I tend to wait until the day of and see how I feel that day, and what I want to do, plus how much time I have to devote to it.

I think this week I will put a tenative "idea" plan into place to help keep  me on track.

Monday: 25 minute Sharon Mann mixed cardio workout.
Tuesday: 25 minute Sharon Mann mixed weights/cardio workout.
Wednesday: FIRM Cardio Party and Shortcut to Flat Abs
Thursday: FIRM weight/cardio workout
Friday: Sharon Mann carido and a yoga/pilates workout
Saturday: Walk outside (or hike) at least 30 minutes.
Sunday: No scheduled exercise.

Okay, so this is just an idea or example. If I am really sore I may move my "rest" day to Wednesday, or switch to yoga/pilates that day. You get the idea. This is just a guideline.

In any event, I need to get off of the computer, go get my workout done, eat breakfast, do some homework and then take care of a few errands. The weather is icky here today, but we had a gorgeous weekend, so I can't complain.

Are you working out today? Trying to get back into a routine? Post your workout in the comments or on the Facebook page! We can help motivate each other.

2 comments:

Priya said...

Good to see this Corrie. Yes am working out too... 5-6 days a week. Been doing this for the past 6 weeks now. Feels good and see a difference :)

Corrie said...

Way to go Priya! Isn't it amazing how quickly our bodies start to feel better? I always forget.

I will keep posting my workouts. It helps keep me accountable.