Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Mid-week Mumbles

Cute title, huh?  I think I will be using these Sunday Snippets and Mid-Week Mumbles for titles of posts that are a little bit of a mish mash of thoughts.

For example, today I have a handful of little mumbles to share.

First, I think it is appropriate to start off by saying goodbye to Steve Jobs. Steve passed away today at the very young age of 56. While there has, as yet, been no confirmation of the cause of his passing, it is speculated to be a result of cancer. Mr. Jobs suffered from Pancreatic cancer in 2004, and underwent a liver transplant in 2009. He resigned as CEO of Apple, Inc. August 24, 2011. A short six weeks later he has left us. My condolences to those who knew and loved him. What a really incredible man (not without his foibles, for sure, but an incredible man nonetheless).

(source)

Second, I am hanging in there with school, thank you to those who have asked. I have been having a case of the I don't wanna's as it relates to actually doing some of the homework, but I feel like that is just becuase I haven't had to do homework in a while, and I have gotten pretty used to writing for the sake of writing and not because someone is going to critique my writing. I have quite a bit of writing that I need to do (none of which is this blog! lol!) but I am having a hard time starting. I think I need to take the advice of Randy Cassingham (This is True) and just start writing. The words and form and content can all be figured out later. SEE! It is a good thing that I came here to work on my blog instead of reading another chapter about Interpersonal Conflict.

Third, can I just say that I am NOT ready for snow? Seriously. It has started to snow here in my world. Not on the valley floor where I live, but in the peaks of the hills and mountains around us. Chris drove through snow today and it was snowing in the valley on the other side of our mountains today. Mt. Ashland ski resort got their first snow yesterday. I am NOT ready for this. SERIOUSLY...we had 95 degree weather last Thursday! Less than a week ago! Talk about a switch being flipped. I've been wearing jeans, and hoodies and socks for the whole week. Poo! And my Portland friends that didn't get a summer can stop mentally flipping me off now. :-)

Anything else?

Oh, progress is being made on getting an engine back in my car. I will post more about that this weekend...maybe it will even be done and I will be able to report if all the swearing and slamming things around was worth it! Here's hoping.

AND, lastly, we watched a great movie the other night called Sleepers. If you have not seen this movie I highly suggest it! It was filmed in 1996 and has lots of great actors including Minnie Driver, Brad Pitt, Kevin Bacon, Jason Patric, Dustin Hoffman and Robert De Niro.



Okay, I better actually go read. Chris had to run off to work, again, tonight, so I better "use my time wisely" and get some more reading done for my classes tomorrow.

I hope to be back before Sunday, but if not, I'll catch you then!





No comments: