Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Overcoming Fear

 
 
"I will not die an unlived life. I will not live in fear of falling or catching fire. I choose to inhabit my days, to allow my living to open me, to make me less afraid, more accessible, to loosen my heart until it becomes a wing, a torch, a promise..."
 
~ Dawna Markova


(source)
 
 
 
 
"Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy."
 
~ Dale Carnegie







"You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, 'I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.'
You must do the thing you think you cannot do. "
 
~ Eleanor Roosevelt
 
 
In light of my recent resurgence of anxiety attacks, these quotes are meaningful for me today. This is how I am attempting to live my life. I will not sit back and let life pass me by due to my unfounded anxieties. I will look fear in the face and take steps to overcome it, go under it, around it, and sometimes I will just have to go through it.
 
I refuse to give in to the fears and live a shadow of a life. I will get out there and live the life I want, today. I will not wait and I will not allow fear or anxiety to prevent me from seeing, doing and living the amazing life I know I can have.
 
I will inspire my own inner light and use that light to guide me through the times of darkness and fear.
 
I have the power and the light. I create my own inner peace. I am the inspiration of my own light.
 
 

No comments: