Monday, September 17, 2012

Weekend Review 9/17/12


Do you like my new ^^ Weekend Review image? I made it myself. I am so not artsy and combine artsy with computer technology and well...this is what you get. I think the Weekend part is a little off center, but for now it is good enough. If anyone really artsy wants to take a whack at creating an image I would be happy to let you!

Last week I told you that I had tons of stuff to do. I created a list. It had  twenty items on it. It looked something like this:

  1. transplant strawberries
  2. roast corn, shuck, cut off cob, freeze
  3. roast poblanos
  4. blanch, dice, freeze tomatoes
  5. blanch, slice, season, freeze peaches
  6. peel, slice, season, freeze apples
  7. make & freeze poblano corn chowder
  8. take unused roasted poblanos and freeze
  9. make dill pickles
  10. pick basil, make pesto
  11. pick any ripe tomatillos, make tomatillo salsa, freeze (or can)
  12. go to C.A.T.S. and adopt Liz
  13. read for fun
  14. laundry
  15. vacuum
  16. goodwill donation
  17. buy pressure cooker, quilt
  18. check on verizon bill
  19. call grandma
  20. plant lettuce, etc for fall/winter garden
Today the list looks something like this:


  1. transplant strawberries
  2. roast corn, shuck, cut off cob, freeze
  3. roast poblanos
  4. blanch, dice, freeze tomatoes
  5. blanch, slice, season, freeze peaches
  6. peel, slice, season, freeze apples
  7. make & freeze poblano corn chowder
  8. take unused roasted poblanos and freeze
  9. make dill pickles
  10. pick basil, make pesto
  11. pick any ripe tomatillos, make tomatillo salsa, freeze (or can)
  12. go to C.A.T.S. and adopt Liz (Roscoe & Daisy)
  13. read for fun
  14. laundry
  15. vacuum
  16. goodwill donation
  17. buy pressure cooker, quilt
  18. check on verizon bill
  19. call grandma
  20. plant lettuce, etc for fall/winter garden
Of course, there was a bunch of stuff that didn't make it onto my list that I ended up doing as well, such as:

bought a gift certificate, bought a headboard, fixed speakers, new bedding for guest room, took boat out, bottled mead, watched football, got rid of metal hangers, organized cupboard, etc.

As you can see, there are still quite a few items on my list that need to be accomplished, which is part of what I will be doing today, along with grocery shopping for the week after I finish my meal planning.

Here are some pictures of the things I *did* get done:





 


I did not make this...we went to dinner at Cicily's and had rib eye, mashed taters and green beans.

 



That was my weekend in a nutshell! Lots of time in my kitchen/garden on Friday and Saturday, with some lovely relaxation thrown in on Sunday. Not sure if that is our last boat trip of the year or not, but if so, it was beautiful, peaceful and relaxing.

How was your weekend? Did you get to relax?


No comments: