Sunday, February 3, 2013

SUPER Bowl Sunday!


It's Super Bowl Sunday!!!!! A football fan's favorite Sunday of the year. 

I am decked out in black and purple today in support of the Baltimore Ravens. Okay, really I have on a black long sleeve shirt and a purple hoodie but still I'm showing my support. 

Super Bowl Sunday is about the food as much as the game and here at Casa Beebe it is no exception. 

I have a nice pot of chili going in the crock pot. 


Chris is slow-smoking some beef jerky and will be grilling up some pork ribs a little later. 

I will be making some guacamole and a recipe I saw tweeted yesterday by Cooking Light magazine. 


Artichoke, Spinach, and White Bean Dip Recipe
(cooking light image)
I love spinach and artichoke dip and this lightened up version (1/4 cup is only 87 calories) means I can snack on a pretty good pile of it without feeling too bad about the calories and fat content. I will let you know how it turns out. 

I have everything I need to make this in my pantry or freezer, so it will come together quick and easy. 

I will make some corn bread to go with the chili, too. 

That's about it. I am trying not to go too overboard, especially since now Chris has been called off to work and so I sit here alone with the cats. No need for an excessive spread of snacks for just me. 

The game doesn't start until 3:30 this afternoon so I have about 4 hours until game time. I know it sounds super exciting, but I think I'm going to do some homework and laundry. I know. You are jealous. 

If you are not a football fan but are going to a party today to enjoy the food and commercials check out this article from the Huffington Post. It will give you some tips about how to interact with your football fanatic friends as well as understand a bit about who the big players are in the game. 

I like the idea of the side bets, too, for off the field action. That could get down right fun! 

And no matter what, football fan or not, if you drink today: PLEASE don't drive. Call a cab, call a friend, or stay put. The life you save could be your own! 

Happy Super Bowl everyone! May your chosen team win!!

(Go Ravens!!)




No comments: