Saturday, November 17, 2012

Breaking Dawn Part 2

(image source)

A-H-M-A-Z-I-N-G!

Okay, I know some people hate Twilight, and it has a bad reputation for being a terrible story that teaches young women to hook up with controlling boyfriends. However, I am an adult in a great marriage and I can totally overlook that aspect and just enjoy the movies/books. 

I did NOT want to read these books, but a friend wouldn't stop bugging me about it, so I eventually did...and loved them. 

The movies...they have definitely gotten better with each one (the first one is terrible!). 

This movie: amazing! 

They did such a great job!

Even Kristen Stewart really comes into her own in this film and gives us a good rendition of an angry newborn vampire. 

(image source)
I really love how they put this film together. I will not be telling any spoilers, but I will say that I loved it and I actually can't wait to see it again. 

My friend Allison had never seen any of the Twilight movies, nor read the books, so she, being the good sport that she is, came over last weekend and spent all day watching the first three movies with me (and snuggling with kittens). 


Yesterday, she was brave enough to come back over and watch Breaking Dawn Part 1 on Amazon instant (so love that!!) with me before heading to the theater in the evening to catch the final installment. 

It is somewhat bittersweet that the series is over now. 

The theater was packed, and it was a lot of fun (for me) to be surrounded by people who are just as into Twilight as I am. The woman sitting next to me and I were both gasping, laughing and tense at the same times. It was pretty funny. 

Even Allison agreed that the movies weren't as bad as she thought they would be and that Part 2 was a pretty darn good movie! 

It has been great to see all the movies this week, to watch the evolution of the films and the actors and the story all so close together. I am sad that it is over, but I tell you...these movies put a smile in my heart and laughter on my lips so, as far as I am concerned, they are a winner. 

Are you a Twilight fan? Love it or Loathe it? Have you seen BDP2 yet? 


No comments: