Friday, October 12, 2012

The Friday Five 10-12-12






1. What I'm Reading:


Getting To Yes: Negotiating Agreement Without Giving In by Roger Fisher and William Ury. I am reading this for one of my classes (actually I have finished reading it). It is a great book, very easy to read, even if you have no technical knowledge of negotiation skills, very understandable. It offers alternatives to competitive negotiation by separating the people from the problem and focusing on the interests, or the "why," rather than the position, or the "want." Interesting and useful for everyone because no matter what, like it or loathe it, we all negotiate in our lives on a regular basis.

2. What I'm Listening To: 


This song is so funny and catchy!

3. What I'm Watching: 



Has anyone seen this? The Odd Life of Timothy Green starring Jennifer Garner? I had no interest in seeing this movie (too cutesy and far-fetched) but a friend wanted to see it so I went with her. You know what? I thought it was a really great movie! It *was* cutesy and far-fetched, but I don't know that they could have done a better job with it. If you haven't seen this and you are looking for a nice, cutesy, far-fetched, feel-good movie this one is a winner.

4. What I'm Eating: 

(source)




The short answer is protein and vegetables...protein and vegetables...protein and vegetables. Some fruit. Coffee. Tea. But mostly: protein and vegetables. 

5. Website I'm Loving: 


Never heard of Ebates? It is awesome! If you go to ebates.com before starting your regular online shopping you earn cash back, actual $$, from your purchases. Always at least 1% but often it is 3-8% or more! You don't have to DO anything crazy...just start at ebates and then select the store you want to shop at: Old Navy, Overstock, Amazon, Macy's and many, many more. You are told immediately what the cash back amount is, click on the store and off you go to their website. That's it! Ebates tracks the order and will send you a check for the % of your purchase that store offers! Even Target! This is awesome for Christmas shopping. 

If you want to check it out click on the link below to get started! If you sign up I do get a bonus if you use this link. Otherwise, just go to the website directly to sign up. Either way: check out ebates.com for your online shopping and earn actual $$!


(Disclosure-I am receiving nothing from ebates for promoting their site. These are my own opinions. *If* you click the referral link above I will get a bonus in my account if you sign up.)

That's my five! What is your five this week? What are you reading, watching, listening to, eating and what website are you loving?? 

No comments: