Thursday, October 25, 2012

Hello From P-Town!

Hello friends!

Don't tell anyone, but I am skipping school today (and yesterday)!

(source)
I KNOW! Crazy, right? I was thinking about it yesterday though, and I think this is only the third time I have not made it to class in my college career (at least at the University, I can't remember that far back to my community college days). Overall, I would say that is a pretty good attendance record. 

Anywho, Christopher is attending a work related class all day today in Portland so I decided to tag along, visit some friends and go shopping! 

We drove up yesterday, with a few stops along the way for Chris to service a few elevators. Last night we went to Hayden's Lakefront Grill in Tualatin and met up with two of my besties for dinner. 

(source)
Hayden's is set on the Tualatin Commons Lake (which is about a two-foot deep, concrete, man-made lake). During the warmer weather it is beautiful to sit outside and enjoy the view. The bar is small but has an excellent happy hour menu with real food, like steak medallions with mashed potatoes, full orders of burgers and fries and more, for very reasonable prices. 

We met in the bar and enjoyed a leisurely visit. My friend Heidi brought my birthday present (from June) and told us dinner was her treat since we hadn't gotten to have birthday dinner during the summer. That was so sweet! She gave me the coolest wine glass! I will post a picture later because it is in the truck and the truck is with Christopher. The waitress overheard us talking about my birthday and ended up bringing us a complimentary piece of chocolate cake with a candle to share. Uhm...not on my diet...but totally worth the splurge! We split it four ways and it was lovely. 

Life: it is all about balance! 

Speaking of: I signed up for the Monster Dash 5k in Ashland this Saturday. 

(source)
I saw the sign on my way to school the other day and decided I wanted to do it. I don't think it really matters that I have done zero training. I am going to wog it with my friend Allison. Her boyfriend Corey is going to run it. We are just doing the 5k, which is only 3.1 miles, so I should have no problem with that. And, for those wondering, no I will not be dressing up. The entry fee was only $20! So, I will balance out my cake consumption with a 5k wog on Saturday. It all works out. 



Anyone else doing a Halloween themed run this weekend? 

 


No comments: