Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Sweet Tooth

I have a crazy sweet tooth. It really sucks. It sucks because I can gain weight like no body's business...and sugar just packs it on. But I love cookies and ice cream, especially. LOVE them. Love. love.

Anyway...Tonight I wanted some chocolate chip cookies, but I don't have any chocolate chips (on purpose...for just this reason!) but, after digging around in my "baking box" I came up with an alternate solution.

Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies.


Yes.

So I whipped up a batch and as I am mixing it all up and feeling guilty about making cookies I don't need to eat I remembered one of my great ideas of the past!

Freeze the dough.

GENIUS!

Here's what I did: I made up the dough.


 Then I made one full sheet of cookies and baked them.


Then I got out a sheet of parchment paper.


I dumped the remaining dough onto the parchment paper.


Then, using the parchment paper so I didn't get my hands icky, I made a dough log.

The dough log got cut in half (there was a lot of dough)...


...and placed into a zip-top freezer bag, labeled and stuck in the freezer.
 


Now my pigging out on cookies is limited to the one cooked batch, but if I want to make a couple of cookies later I can just cut slices off the frozen dough log and bake them. Portion control!




Yummy.



No comments: