Sunday, May 20, 2012

Getting Back to the Swing of Things

It was time. Yes, time to get back to the swing of things.


Chris and I headed out to the driving range yesterday afternoon to brush off our rusty arms and see how we could do with a bucket of balls.


This is actually Chris' second trip to the range this year and my first. He is getting ready for a golf tournament in 21 days. He is participating in his company golf  tournament the same day I am doing the Helvetia Half Marathon in Hillsboro. For once things worked out! His golf tournament is held in South Western Washington. Convenient!


While I must say that Chris' swing and consistency were much better than mine, I will say that after I started to work the kinks out I was hitting straight and over 100 yards. Not to shabby for a total novice!






I just want to say that I have terrible form and that I only started golfing late last summer so don't be too hard on me! It is a fun thing for Chris and I to go do together, and it is close by and inexpensive. With Chris' on call schedule limiting where we can go and what we can do, this is a good solution.

Have you made it out to the links yet this year?

2 comments:

Mar said...

Twice so far. Planning another one today or tomorrow! :) I'm luck if I can hit the damned ball half the time when I swing, lol...and I have a really wicked hook. But it's fun! :)

Corrie Beebe said...

Yes, I miss the ball fairly often as well. :-) I find that if I don't try quite so hard I do a much better job overall.