Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Crickets...

Hi Friends!

It may be a little quiet around here for the next week or so. I will try my darndest to post a few tidbits here and there, but seriously I am in the home stretch of Spring Term and my to do list looks something like this:

Persuasion: complete 1 written and 1 visual "artifact" relating to my persuasion agency, topic and campaign, prepare a speech for the same, and write a paper for the same. (Due Monday).

Celebrity & Fan Cultures: complete 1 14+ page paper relating to my topic of choice (what is celebrity, its history and evolution), and 1 15+ minute presentation on same. (Due Wednesday June 13).

Native Americans in Film: I found out YESTERDAY that I need to create a 15+ minute presentation on the perspective of other countries toward Native American Indians, particularly through film. (Let me just add that after TWO hours of searching every possible combination I can think of to find information about this I have come up with exactly: nothing. My partner has also come up with: nothing. This is going to be a great presentation!) (Due: not sure? Next Thursday or the following Thursday...I sure hope he tells us tomorrow what day officially).

Organizational Behavior: Each week I have assignments that equal between 4-6 pages of essay-style answers to a variety of questions. Due Thursday of each week.

In addition, I need to fill out my capstone application and write a two page paper about my internship objectives as they relate to my communication education, I need to renew my drivers license, go to a meeting Friday night, do 24 hours of continuing education to renew my insurance licenses, walk ten miles (at one time), and I will be gone for 3 days next weekend for the half marathon in Portland (which means exactly ZERO homework will be accomplished), and all the regular day-to-day life stuff like feeding myself and my husband, the cat, bills, household chores, etcetera.

All of this to say that things might be a little quiet around here for the next couple weeks as I focus my energy on completeing all of these projects.

I'm tired already!

In the meantime, I invite anyone who is interested to join the #saladaday challenge for June instigated by blogger Angela Liddon at OhSheGlows. The challenge simply asks that you make the choice to eat a salad each day during the month of June. It doesn't have to be a huge salad, or special kind of salad. It is simply an effor to be conscious about getting more veggies in your diet. And what a great time of year to do it! June offers an assortment of fresh veggies coming right out of the garden.

If you would like to join, comment here, on Twitter with the hashtag #saladaday or hit me up on Facebook at my Blurb Column page. I will be posting my salads each day and often will be including a photo. I have already started the challenge because I have been eating a salad everyday anyway, but it officially kicks off on Friday.

My last couple of salads:

lettuces from the garden, dill pickle, tomato, shredded carrot, sprouts

lettuces from the garden, cucumber, tomato, yellow pepper, sprouts, feta and leftover smoked pulled pork

And just because she is cute:

Miss Roxie

Have a great week! I'll be back as soon as I can squeeze in a moment!

No comments: