Monday, December 31, 2012

2012 Goals Review

Happy New Years Eve!

It is time to review the goals I set for 2012 and see how I did.

First up:

1. Complete my Bachelor of Science in Human Communication by the end of Fall Term 2012 (December), including a Certificate in Human Resources Management and a Certificate in Conflict Resolution.  - 99% complete!

I have one class to take Winter term to complete the final requirement for my HR Certificate, but otherwise, I have successfully achieved this goal! It was a daunting goal, which took a great deal of hard work and focus, but I did it!!


2. Lose 20 pounds. Uh...yes n no. 

This year was an up and down year for me. I did lose weight, and then would gain a bit back, and then lose a bit more and then gain a bit back. Overall, I think I am just about the same as where I started the year which seems like a lot of wasted energy. 

3. Complete the Helvetia Half Marathon on June 9th, 2012 in Hillsboro, Oregon. 13.1 miles. DONE!!



My original goal was to run the half, but my school load in Winter term made that a more difficult than I would have thought. I ended up training to walk it. Woohoo! 

4. Exercise at least 20 minutes 183 days of the year. No

5. Complete 3960 exercise minutes during the year. No

I completely failed when it came to tracking my exercise minutes this year, but I can guarantee that I didn't exercise 183 days. I don't know why, but constant tracking just didn't jive with me this year. 

Overall, I feel pretty good about the goals I did achieve. Getting done with school was a HUGE goal, and really it was my main focus. Completing the half marathon was another big goal, and despite not running it, I am really proud of myself for doing it. On the health and fitness front, well 2012 was much like my life in general, some days I do much better than others  when it comes to eating well and exercising. 

Tomorrow is a new day and a new year and there are new goals to work toward! 

How did your goals or resolutions for 2012 pan out? 



No comments: